Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Two down, one to go

Nearing the end of what is typically the longest day, Tuesday. I'm sitting in the conference office by myself waiting for the rest of the daily newsletters to print. (Hopefully less than 15 minutes or so to go.)

The double-length, hands-on session that I attended in the morning-and that began at the awful hour of 8:30am--went so fast it was over almost before we got started, or so it seemed. this had to be because of two factors: my interest in the subject mater and Dave Gash as the presenter.

The session on grammar in the afternoon was far more interesting and entertaining than I expected, although some of the grammar terms used were, if not arcane, at least unfamiliar. Not terms I'd use in everyday conversation, even when talking about writing.

It's been wonderful to see so many smiling faces on friends from far-flung places. And it looks like, for the first time, I'll have a chance to not just peter out at the end, watching everyone drift off back to their lives. Several of us are planning to head over to what is supposed to be a great burger joint with, as I'm told, the world's best french fries. It'll be nice to just hang for awhile and unwind with others, rather than by myself.

MadCap sure put on quite a social event. Maybe because it was in a seemingly small space, but it sort of seems that they don't have too far to go, marketing-wise, to reach the lofty levels of the late 90s Blue Sky. Both MadCap and Adobe were very generous in their software giveaways in the various conference raffles.

No comments: